Thursday, August 21, 2014

A summer to remember!

What can I say.... The last month went faster than any month I can remember. The days and nights were filled with magical, breathtaking, relaxing, exhausting , comical, moments. Yes, its true... Home is wherever I'm with you! 





 weiner Schnitzel... Whats that? It is a fried peice of pork. This was our most expensive meal the whole trip!

 I am not sure what has their attention.... Maybe be it was the catacombs!
 We spent our days touring the cities by bike! This tour was in Vienna.  Our guide was the best.





 We decided a gelato (or two) a day keeps the doctor away! 





 Seriously lucky lady! They love holding grandma's hand.
 Yes, we are foodies! We love food. These Bratwursts were the best I think we had the hole trip. They were in a food truck across the street from our hotel in Vienna.
 A view from our balcony in Bad Ischl. The bed and breakfast was unreal. We wanted to stay longer but they were fully booked. It was awesome!

 The best pizza we had was at this restaurant in Bad Ischl. We were so full afterwards. We
American... We eat a lot!



 Gram and her loyal followers! I think that my mom is beautiful... But on this trip she lite right up. It made me feel so happy to see this carefree side of her. 

 My personal favorite bike ride was around Lake Wolfgangsee. It was about a 15 mile ride with a stop for lunch along the way. Completely breathtaking scenery. Heavenly Father sure did an amazing job at creating this place!
 I love it when I see this smile! Sydney you are adorable... Tim you are too.





 Scenery from our ride around the lake. 



 The Sound of Music tour in Salzburg. Yes,the hills were alive with the sound of music. 


 Medieval torture museum
 This day we explored the five fingers region. The ice caves, salt mines, and really high tram ride. 










 I ordered an apple strudel with every meal... My hips don't lie :) These two tried to have willpower until mine came out and then they always had to have their own. 




 The salt mines jump suits! It was kinda a bit of a costume to make you think you were going to do some serious sliding.... we had fun!




 This is mason and he is a dork with a cool lookin hat.
 Yes... Alles is everywhere. It means "everything" 


 This picture shows pure joy and love! These two have a special bond. Ashlyn adores grandpa.








 Dad and I were really interested in visiting a dairy farm. We snuck a peak at this one and found it crazy that they had the cows tails tied to ceiling so the poop wouldn't get on the cows.





















 This was our awesome 9 passenger van! Tim was a great chauffeur, especially speeding down the autobahn. 

 Biggest ropes course in Austria. Scary but fun. Do you think Allie is enjoying herself?......Yes, she actually was really good at it.




 Germany
Dakaw, Munich, Rothenburg






 Our last stop was Amsterdam! I didn't get a great picture of all of the bikes but we were feeling lucky to be alive. 








































































1 comment:

  1. I can not believe the things you get to see and do. Unbelievable. I love it. Can you imagine still being here in Washington. You would only have to blog about going to the lake with me instead of Vienna. Oh man lucky you. Love to your family.

    ReplyDelete