Monday, January 14, 2013

The Abaya and Markets

 Syd wearing her new Abaya. We wear the Abaya or "cloak" when we go outside of the Aramco camp.  We do not have to cover our faces or our heads.  I got my Abaya caught in the wheel of a grocery cart today.. slightly embarassed! This will take practice.

 Me and my new friend at the fruit market... found this awesome romaine lettuce and wasn't going to let anyone else have it!
 goat anyone? 
 Jennifer and Jeannie took me out to the fruit market for the first time.  Jeannie hired a driver and we went and did some grocery shopping. Fun ladies that have been Aramacons for many years and are very experienced with the culture and customs. 
 open fruit and vegetable market
"Jennifer will you take a picture with me and so my mom thinks I have at least one friend?" and of course I am still holding the beautiful lettuce. Good produce is hard to find in the desert...

1 comment:

  1. Molly, I applaud your bravery in this "new world" for you and your family. I have always been interested in the cultures of our world which is why I love to travel and studied it in college. I hope with your blog you will give us more insight of what it is like to live there coming from our western culture. We only know what we hear from TV which isn't always accurate! I was pleased to find you do not have to cover your head and face! See what I mean? Hoping you and the entire family will gain from this experience whatever Heavenly Father has in store for you. BTW, BOTH my girls are away at college now! I feel so old!

    ReplyDelete