Friday, January 25, 2013

Camels and Four Wheelers



Tim had a couple of friends that he has met from work invite us to go out 4-wheeling with them... We had a really good time getting to know some new people and being outside. It was a pretty day.

 This is a picture from the car as we were passing a camel farm. 
 While we were waiting to get 4-wheelers these boys were being completely crazy and showing off.  We were unsure if we even wanted to go because of them.  No helmets, no shoes and totally OUT OF CONTROL!! This is right before one of them wiped out and the owner came and took the key. Thank goodness. 
 Mason riding around a little track. He had a blast! 
 Me on a camel! That was a first and something I have wanted to try.  They are really amazing creatures. I was fascinated with their joints and great big mouths.  I didn't go far because I started thinking about how high up I was....
 This ride cost 20 Sar... 1 US dollar is 3.75 Saudi. So it cost me....$5.30! 


 This nice fellow was not going to leave me alone until I got on the horse... This is right before the saddle started to fall off and Tim caught me!! Yee Ha Ha Ha Ha :)
 Karenna (new friend) , another friends baby, and Allie.  Allie was not interested in 4 wheelers or camels. She stayed close to me.
 Sydney and Ash had a blast out on the dunes.
 Scary picture! This is Syd and her new bike. She is on her way to seminary. We bought her a basket for her scriptures... :) It is early morning and she is a trooper! Way to go Sydney. 
Allie's new bike at the bike shop.. We are excited to be able to go for rides now.  There is a great BMX track that Tim, Mason and Ash went and tried last night. 

I talked with Grandma Henrie, Mom and Laurie this morning! I am feeling really happy about that. They are all women that I love,admire and miss always. Thank you for the chat and know your always in my thoughts and prayers. President Uchtdorf in his last conference address talked about communicating with our loved ones.... He said,

In our day it is easy to merely pretend to spend time with others. With the click of a mouse, we can “connect” with thousands of “friends” without ever having to face a single one of them. Technology can be a wonderful thing, and it is very useful when we cannot be near our loved ones. My wife and I live far away from precious family members; we know how that is. However, I believe that we are not headed in the right direction, individually and as a society, when we connect with family or friends mostly by reposting humorous pictures, forwarding trivial things, or linking our loved ones to sites on the Internet. I suppose there is a place for this kind of activity, but how much time are we willing to spend on it? If we fail to give our best personal self and undivided time to those who are truly important to us, one day we will regret it.
Let us resolve to cherish those we love by spending meaningful time with them, doing things together, and cultivating treasured memories.
I have pondered this and wondered and worried how I could meaningfully cultivate my relationships with those I love from such a distance... I want you to know that YOU, my family and friends are at the forefront of my prayers and thoughts.  I love you and hope that somehow through my postings you will feel a connection to me and my family.  In return I would love to hear from you. I miss you but am doing good and feel this new adventure will bless our lives in good ways. All my love, Mol


No comments:

Post a Comment